Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

Yeah, this spa day is leaving a hole in the dash where we moved the choke cable knob from, so need to fill it up with a pre-KC light switch, as soon as I settle on pre KC set of lights. This here is an option for the front bumper...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey, found 'an hour and a half of jeeps' rugged ridge video from Toledo Jeep Fest 2019. If you haven't seen it, it's got no rhino chaser grilles, a handful of jeeps from Willy's days, one FC, one J10, a few FSJs, a slew of jeepsters, and some cool Willy's Jeep Trucks. Thousand modern jeeps maybe. Looks like a good ole fashioned american parade, except all jeeps.

https://youtu.be/hvnhovh2nz4

Az you never cease to amaze me with you search capabilities. I did not know that existed. If you were there or, you heard about it, it is one huge 4 day event. Thousands of Jeeps. I believe it is the single largest gathering of Jeeps in the world. Each year it gets bigger somehow, and better. Jeeps from all over the country show up. The manufacturers put on a show. Baseball and concerts and lots of food, glorious food!

If you go to 59:30 you will see "peeJ" make an appearance with LarrBeard riding Shotgun and "Machine Gun Vinnie" in the back seat. You can see the scramble beginning. All eyes are on the temp gauge. Larry is preparing the coffee canister for its new role of propping up the hood cause we need about 10 degrees more cooling (more of what happened in the thread). Right behind us is the M.R. Garage crawler built by Dominic. Notice the girls are in his not mine.

I cant believe you found that Az.

I hoped some of us on the forum would be in there somewhere. I'll check it out. Sounds like you had a time!

Edit: Alright bmorgil! here's some real world feedback. Before knowing it was yours, yestersay I actually stopped and ran through the part with your Jeep 3 times checking it out. Love those tires. I remember reading about the almost calamity in your thread but didn't connect that to this until now. Awesome.
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 12-15-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Merry Christmas all! This being the information age I got good news for Christmas. Heard from the shop that mine might be back on the road in a few days! As you recommended, we are adding a throttle advance for the A/C and a vacuum tank for the old girl. Just waiting on a warranteed master cylinder to come back fixed so I'll have some brakes! I need to remind the guys to grease every zerk too. Seeing her made my day. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Az! Happy your getting her back soon!

Funny new years conversation with the Mrs. It was revealed by the annual review that, well, two things. First of all, I do, in fact, spend, my money, on Cindy. Second, some people can do math pretty good even without all the receipts, just from memory apparently, and if they note that the money spent on Cindy is less than the money spend on someone else, they might just wrinkle their nose and reserve the right to monitor miserably about my spending habits but not say anything more. Further, I might have been advised that Cindy will never be "done" and I should "stop saying that" and "she lives in the shop" and that "you don't even get to drive her". So, all good!! Victory!!! Happy New Years fellas!!!!!

Projects are projects for life. Money spent is an investment. Although one may never see a favorable return on their investment besides happiness or accomplishment.

Well said gm, well said!

"Soft Pedal Solved" so the forum geniuses were correct that the brake pedal fundtion didn't sound correct. That doesn't cover me running over the fence though! So the '78 corvette master cylinder seal was leaky. Apparently they warranteed the whole thing, grabbed up two of them, something. I don't even want to know. In any case, it should work fine and soon. Does make me wonder if the oil leak was break fluid too...