Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

why include all of Cindy's PII on a public forum? Because the more folks who know, the more likely I get back my Cindy after someone 'borrows' her; a stolen truck or pieces of this truck would show up somewhere and I'm hopeful you'd let me know so we could serve up some Justice if need be. Because knowledge is meant to be shared; I've made a million mistakes on this build and hopefully you avoid some. Because Bros it is another bad *** Jeep Truck build. Enjoy!

Amén on your salute to our Veterans.

It helps to keep close tabs on your builds. Photo and serial numbers recorded are great to file away just in case something were to happen to your truck.

Alright so the a/c is in a box in the living room and she's not complaining, and, Walcks looks like the final genius helper on brakes if I can figure out which kind of Brake shoes Cindy wears... A little progress. Still working on the tornado AC compressor bracket. Came close with an alternator bracket but they said they don't have the other

Okay, weird. First time seeing one of my earlier Jeep's for sale. Odd feeling. Dude bought it to mod, got part way, life happened, selling it on. I sold it stock, which it's not anymore. Figured you all would understand. Loved that thing!

Well Cindy is in the shop. Admire you DIYers, but a man's got to know his limitations etcetera. Anyway, the treasure hunt for a/c bracketry ended up with two brackets in a box with a compressor dropped off today. One is a set of horn shaped sidings with a curved slat for positioning, all ready for welding. The other is a base plate with holes that match the Sanden compressor. So with a fitted base plate and some fins to fabricate from, the resto guy should be able to do it. Funny to me that nobody seems to know where this thing bolted to the engine. And an instrument panel came with the truck. So advised, I took it to get tested. Good thing. Speedo was doubling up. So that's being done and then that will go on this visit too. Steadily moving along here...

Even Dirty Harry admitted that a man has to know his limitations ....

With the classy bed, new panel and AIR - you're going to have a primo ride when you get done. It will turn heads and get looks!

Sort of amazed that the bed is described as "classy". I propose this is because no other word suffices. lmao & thank you for the kind words! I am super excited to make this my daily. All of the parts are lined up so it's all about installation. Well... Brake parts are in process. But dang, this is going to be smiles for miles. Another Heinz Ketchup moment in life....

Classy is an appropriate adjective. I like the utility of the bed.

Okay so there are no NOS or replacement brakes or brake parts. Going to modernize but keep drum style brakes. I wanted to change to discs but everything, for me, added up to these drums will work fine when repaired and maintained. Adding and electronic fuel pump. The air-conditioning bracket fits better with it over original. This build is quickly becoming more mod than resto, but damn I want to drive this truck. Visited it in the shop and my heart jumped as I walked up to it. I love it ��!!! Lmao. Adding that strong react to list of getting old and sentimental thing.

Ha ha! I love the nostalgia of the whole thing. That is going to be a sweet ride with air, cruisin' through the Pima McDonald's that's for sure. I think gmwillys has had some bad experiences with brake parts. I had no trouble with the stuff from KW. The only issue I had was a reused brake tee that needed some serious tightening, and the fitting at the master cylinder, though all new, required a good torque to seal the crush washer. I know that gmwillys has written about bad parts and how to avoid them. I think what I got from KW is the USA stuff gmwillys refers to.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...ts-46-64-truck
    Last edited by bmorgil; Today at 07:29 AM.