Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

Friends to ease the pain. Y'all all must have been through this. Ok, so the wife and I had lemonades and she is buying me a couple of msthbox gladiators and s Gladiator watch off of eBay. Gotta go for awhile. Back later. Edit. 2.5 minutes later. I'm back and monitoring post. Lmao
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 03-07-2020 at 02:44 PM.

All I get is "you bought more Heep parts....ugh."....

Latest update? Sure, let's make those brakes power. Corvette master cylinder? Yessir. So, here we go. I'm going to wait on the overdrive. See how I like the column shift before deciding on the transmission in general. More and more I admire y'all all DIYers. I feel like a mall crawl Rubi owner in this joint!

No mall crawler. You are adding a modern twist to a classic that you can guarantee that you will be the only one in the neighborhood has. Anyone can owe a car payment, then drop a bunch more to make it "unique". Cindy is all yours, and will live on for the next fifty years. Rome wasn't built in a day, so enjoy the journey.

I can do that. For some reason I've been drawn to stories told online by those with an earned reality, who have learned through the hardest experiences to earn each day and enjoy the good stuff. This forum seems like the best among a very decent and good crowd. I saw Cindy today. Man do I need to be driving a Jeep truck while the world comes to full stop. Yet another opportunity for us to reflect before we move forward. The last time I felt like this was in an empty New Orleans after Katrina. We had the perfect chance to rebuild that city as a modern beacon. We did not. Right now we can reset, refocus, and reform so much that deserves to be better in society. I hope we do. Except I hope they finish my jeep so I can be cool doing it. Lol

Well, well, well. The bastards done made a mistake. Texted me on my new flip phone that my Jeep Gladiator was all done and ready. I trotted over there with a stack of one dollar bills and paid the ransom!!! My my my. Fellers, she is so pretty. She has these little nobs that when you pull one she just up and starts doing things. This one thing. Called a choke, actually increases and decreases idle when you pull or push it. This other one over here, you turn it and dang it, cold air blows out of some holes right at your knees!!! I put my boot right on the softest pedal you ever saw. Eased into a braking stop like eating a whole banana split. Wow. I got home and drove right over this new fence I put up for protection. No problem! Went right over it like nothing with these new trailer wheels I got now. So instead of driving her around, I dutifully attended webinars and group meetings on the zoom channel. Whole new world. When I had free time I ran out to reaffix the fencing. It's tacked up good for overnight. I will be up and driving early early, before another round of meetings. Who works on a Saturday during a virus shutdown? Right? Anyway, then I will take the bride out on a date to see the town and get ice cream. At some point after that, I'll take some pictures and post em up. Glory glory hallelujahs. My Cindy has come home!

And the mistake? Did you maintain 6', wash your hands, wear a mask? A running 4 wheel drive vehicle is the definition of "Essential"! Smart move picking her up. You may just need it.

The fence on the other hand... explain yourself.

I can't wait to see the pic's. It sounds like you have a classic daily driver that's a beauty!

You said; " I put my boot right on the softest pedal you ever saw. "

Then you drove through a fence?

Do you still have brake issues?

So, explanation.

First, the brakes. Heck yes, they work. Before the pedal was hard. Now the pedal is soft. It's a vacuum system. But yes, they work perfectly.

Second, the fence. I drove over it like an idiot.

Third, there was a line at the DQ drive thru. So we had a great drive, but no ice cream just yet.

I am completely stoked. This is a badass jeep truck. Just need to learn how to drive it.

I'm thinking by "soft" You mean you don't have to push on the pedal very hard. In auto techno babel, a soft pedal is a bad thing. Brakes that require minimal brake pedal effort with a solid feeling pedal are a good thing.

D.Q. is boarded up here.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 04-04-2020 at 05:41 PM.