Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

I love this saga, this tale is epic! I am quite familiar with the audit technique. My brother is a former Global Director of Quality Control. I would say you are the Tank in a Bow and Arrow battle. If you lived next door, we'd hammer that old girl out! It sounds like you have two persistent players on hand. You and your original mechanic. That's really all it takes. There's no computer to "brick" in the Auto's OBD/CAN Hybrid processor control system. Just a motor and a power train all mechanical. If you have an "Old School" mechanic (the gasket indicates it) it will come around.

I love the fence eating bumper. The paint scar is a testament to the battle. Your Willys needs a name.

"Your Willys needs a name."

Like most of our Jeeps it probably does have a name, but if we used it here Miss Amy would be on us like a settin' hen on a stray cat.

Oh she has a name...thought I would have shared this before but its worth a re-do. So I'm cleaning up an earlier Jeep that lived in the mountains. Years of filth. Took a few scrubs. One of these times was before the new jeep truck came out. Not sure what happened. Originally, I'm at the local carwash. Suddenly I was at a dealership. Apparently I wandered over to the local jeep store. Hundreds of Jeeps. All kinds of trims. All open. So I started at one end and sat in every one, learning about all the trimmings. In case I bought the 2020 jeep truck. Well, three hours into that I realized I was MIA, so I texted the wife. Auto correct said Hi Cindy, having a great time in the jeeps. Love me. Yup. Except my wife's name is not Cindy. After a few photos verified I was in a Jeep dealership, my first love named whatever truck I ended up with. The name my bride chose? Cindy!

I see it now! holy smokes its in the title of the thread! Well I am glad I asked, I love the way it got the name. I have to wonder is this a bit of jealousy between the two ladies? Perhaps the fence fight is between them and you are caught in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Oh she has a name...thought I would have shared this before but its worth a re-do. So I'm cleaning up an earlier Jeep that lived in the mountains. Years of filth. Took a few scrubs. One of these times was before the new jeep truck came out. Not sure what happened. Originally, I'm at the local carwash. Suddenly I was at a dealership. Apparently I wandered over to the local jeep store. Hundreds of Jeeps. All kinds of trims. All open. So I started at one end and sat in every one, learning about all the trimmings. In case I bought the 2020 jeep truck. Well, three hours into that I realized I was MIA, so I texted the wife. Auto correct said Hi Cindy, having a great time in the jeeps. Love me. Yup. Except my wife's name is not Cindy. After a few photos verified I was in a Jeep dealership, my first love named whatever truck I ended up with. The name my bride chose? Cindy!
    And she will never forget that you called her Cindy! lol

Good Shop in Phoenix - Military discount

They are good people at AAMCO Glendale on 51st - normal Americans, great diversity on staff, men and women mechanic, talk to Tony up front. Military discount and always fix what isn't working to get you back on the road.

Build Part one - Daily Driver - Job Done

Man, grinning ear to ear!

These dudes built me a hotrod jeep truck. Lots of Willy's Jeep forum help too. Thanks!

I went for a drive last night. Just one good shift out of the first three hundred, my bad, but that one told me this thing is smooth as silk mechanically. Nice ride too. Love the bias ply tires. Happened onto one of these freeway ramps where there is no option for street. So I went north along the retaining wall. Damn. Exhaust bouncing off a concrete wall at speed. Sounded perfect!

Got off on the streets in rush hour. It's work, but exactly what I wanted.

I own a running and driving, actual 2 door long bed bad *** Jeep Truck with no electronic tech.

Took the whole drive to get back into how to drive it. Getting better but long ways to go.

This morning adjusted the idle up, again later, and that cured the a/c issue.

So this thing is sorted!

Oh yeah. I ran over the fence again. Actually scraped some truck paint this time. Oh well. Here's your fence picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The fence is possessed! I can see it reaching out for the bumper on its own!

It sounds like you deserve that truck. Only a few love the sound of the pipes like that. I totally understand it.

I went back and looked at some of the pic's "under Cindy's hood". The Air and Brakes fit right in there like it came that way. They did a good job for you. You should have some years of fun with that set up!

I would post more engine pictures but haven't figured out how to reduce the size to fit. It's a beautiful job. You would like looking at it. One day an ice tea bull session over an open engine bay! So this fence, it was built out of fear .... Maybe that's why it is an evil little *******. The only other place to park off the cement is under this tree. But that would disrupt an agreement with my neighbor for his kids to park when they stay with family. I guess it is my personal responsibility to figure out how to park the vehicle I have chosen and am blessed with, in it's right place, and hold. That does not mean I am a somehow gifted with driving skills. It just means fit and forgive! Anyway, I need to go back and read who mentioned upping the idle. That was a good idea. And get this, still losing oil. So I'll try that pint at a time suggestion to see what's what. I have this deep sense this one runs a quart low, and likes it thataway. Really appreciate your thoughtful insights!
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 06-07-2020 at 12:23 PM.