Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

Not a bad price for a good slider. I have one on my 77' Chevy but not on my 2015 GMC. I miss it on the GMC. Been thinking about getting one for it. If it appears to be good quality, $600 is about right. A power setup can run into the $1000 range.You can find cheaper manual sliders for around $300. On yours you may have to take what you can find. The cheaper ones are "cheap". Loose in the tracks, poor seal and not a very good latch.

Thank you. It's on order. We will see if it's available. I could not find anything else so this may be the clincher for the luckiest modification sequence ever recorded. Fingers crossed.

The topper took a bath and got waxed. I am sure a deeper scrub would improve it more, so it may work fine as is. It has everything I wanted. Damn lucky deal.

However, a detour through the internet shows the Wagoneers were one color in their day mostly, 1964.

It wasn't until just later that they came out with the wood side panels.

People since have painted the indent running along the body, or a two tone effect.

Paint the topper white? Black? Red?

I'm thinking red, even the back window frame which is often left black paint or bare metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the contrasting idea. Black might be a bit toasty in the afternoon sun! White would be functional in AZ. Red would always be a good choice.

I like the white idea.... Yep, I said it...paint it. The patina tail gate kept just enough.

The truck ran fine in 117 degrees here in the desert. The A/C kept it comparatively cool. I checked with paint department, none of us wrote down which white paint is on the bumpers. So plan is to do an eyeball match using the painters eyeballs. Once the topper is white, we'll see if it looks good or off the bumpers need to be repainted to match. The JeepGlass.com guy is a real good dude. The slider window gets here Monday. Man did I agonize unnecessarily over the color of the topper. Here's what finally convinced me to go with white...

Good choice.

You are the Master of finding old publications and photo's!

Got the slider ... Should be a fun week what with getting the topper painted. Going to use garage door under rubber for the seal. Like drill holes better than clamps to hold it on- we'll see!

Slider window is in. What a treat. Put a screw in that pin and covered it with some vintage rubber to hold in place. Also prepped for the topper when it is ready. Turns out the bed is already drilled so I can do bolts instead of clamps to hold it on there.

That tint is going to be a welcome thing in the AZ sunshine! Nice rubber hat on the pin.

Needs straightened, but here it is... Got a hug, kiss and a high five from the Mrs, so that's good