Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

Ok some Herm the Overdrive Guy does sell an overdrive for my rig. That's good. I need to count splines on some part off the transfer case. Hey, here's a picture of the Pro Comp Series 82 steel wheels going on. Bought them because they are white which is close to original color, and rust not an issue here in the desert. Hope they fit over the disc brakes..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Getting excited to drive this thing. Uploaded a cool pic of a jeepers creepers pad sitting in the bed. Maybe I can buy it off the shop? All boxes and pieces right now. I think we are down to this. If everything fits and works, what is left is sourcing a master cylinder, maybe, if the one in there can't push enough fluid. And. Hopefully all the things the instrument cluster measures are sending good info. For example, if the fuel tank isn't giving the right fuel level that will have to be addressed. Oh, yeah, and the emergency brake. Dang it. The promise date of Feb 31st could be a ways off. A couple of things I decided. I'm going to rust the letters on the tailgate, not paint. I'm going to add a third break light to the top of the bed. And some other stuff. It is like just shy of 80 degrees in the desert and Cindy needs to be out running.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check eBay for a Jeepers Creepers. You should be able to find some vintage pieces that would complement Cindy.

Nothing. Nada. Absolute zero. "Yes we are checking the list off!" "Hey here's the running total!!" "Nah, haven't found that part yet". So I propose the following solution to myself. And... I vote Yes! Oh wait. There is no solution. I just sit and wait. Greeeaaat. !!!

Well, that's cool did anyone know that in Rambo First blood during the truck heist part that he passes a J-Truck right before crossing the bridge before running the roadblock before blowing up the gas station? Awesome!

The waiting is apparently so bad you have resorted to old Stallone movies! My son's Jeep had "Jeepers Creepers" painted on the quarters. It came from Michigan somewhere. I think it was a small Jeep club. I think a few used that. You may have to resort to creating your own reproduction. Or you could wait for the next Rambo flic.

If Memory serves, wasn't there a J truck in the Kevin Bacon movie Tremors? Seems to stick in my mind..... More useless knowledge if correct.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    If Memory serves, wasn't there a J truck in the Kevin Bacon movie Tremors? Seems to stick in my mind..... More useless knowledge if correct.
    What truck did Val and Earl Drive in tremors?
    Tremors. 1965 Jeep Gladiator J200 while working as handy men in and around Perfection. The side of the truck reads 'V. E. Odd Jobs'.

It was also used in Tremors 2
    Last edited by Trailabite; 03-06-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Great research Bmorgil and Trailabite. I remembered it being in there, but not the details. Thank you Guys!