Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

Exactly right on all comments.

For rabbiting, I think I just don't trust it will do it, given the touchy vehicles and convenience focus in my era. Maybe I should start over. Retrain using a stall first approach. Working back down from lead foot ain't working.

Tires are a joy. Can't explain it. You either know or you don't. "Radials man, soft!"

I'm fortunate to have this one. Knobs work, labelled correctly, dome light works, all original. Very lucky find. I can just focus on a/c and paint. Mechanics are solid.

Ok so a couple of updates.

Read some conversations here about the column shift. Mine went out so I crawled under and went in the engine bay and put it in gear to limp home. Buttoned up jumped in and damnit! Reverse!!! Twice more that happened. Finally found 1st gear which tops out about 5-8 mph. Limped home. Proud of myself for the road fix but worried about the linkage etc. Tightened up the linkage and it worked! Just loose. Then I squeezed some grease into the zerk on the column between the levers and unbelievable. Thing shifts smooth! Lesson learned about maintenance.

Paint. I'm correcting the paint. Neighbor asks me all the time how it's coming removing the primer. Finally won the argyment under the hood. Who the heck primers under the hood? Who takes the bed off to primer but not the doors? It's patina dang it. And, it is nasty. I've got four hours into this door, and still haven't cleared the bottom panel.

Funny though it may be to some, I am falling in love with this truck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Funny though it may be to some, I am falling in love with this truck!"

Every one of us understands. Although it is an over used phrase among the folks with the newer Yuppie Jeeps, "It Really Is a Jeep Thing"

Oh yeah - nice contoured stool - makes it a little easier to sit and sand.

Yeah that's my butt chair. Goes with my funky beats tonneau which is actually a repurposed bed.

So glad to be understood about the jeep thing.

Very sadly, these mall crawlers don't even seem to recognize this is a Jeep even with the rhino chaser grille. No waves

Here's some pics of the tonneau with storage, an eight foot hole, and map table!

Sorry will upload more later. Don't have correct format.
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 10-01-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Love the bed cover! barnyard engineering at its finest!

You'll see more adventure going around the block then the mall crawlers will see in their whole lifetime. Change the wave to thumbing your nose.

Awhh Man - this is getting better all the time

Pics for giggles. I have seen guys slow down and take another look at that green grass!

More of the front hatch. It's sleepable, just need some kind of umbrella contraption.

Currently futzing with this paint. Some dude on you tube just said, yeah it's great, just do doors one weekend and the hood the next. Wot?!? I am not that patient. But then I did spend an hour on four square inches.

I can't resist the urge for a really bad pun:

"There is a lot of bed room on the old Jeep trucks."

It looks like someone dropped a piece of pipe on the right rear tailgate ...