Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

I truly enjoy the fact you are "gettin' off" on that Classic! It is a thrill that some don't understand but, if you got it you know.

Yep. It's a thing. The latest best thing about it, having heard so much about how great newer cars are, is the confirmation that this particular Kaiser-Willys Jeep Truck holds its own 50+ years later.

On a new quest! Camper shell. Yep. They don't exist. Supposedly. One guy even cut up a Wagoneer to make his camper shell. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to build out my supercool vintage bed frame tonneau - would be easy to give it some posts and throw someime mosquito netting for sleeping, however, need to transport dogs to the campsite. So here goes looking for some kind of shell. In progress...pics when it happenx

Hey wait a secnyere fellas... That vintage tonneau cover is a repurposed double bed. It basically fits, just short. That opens a whole world of possibles. Huh.

Amazing how helpful people are. So the camper shell that fits the J Series trucks comes off an 87-96 Dodge Dakota, in my case long bed. That's be roughly 8'x5', 98"x63", given tapering, lips, and width of rails vary. Found few, mostly leer, mostly the too short bed, private sellers mainly because some yards aren't even accepting them anymore. Hey, here's a picture of what was offered back when (I found one of these listed at parts yard, but likely it's long gone by now, since that was ages ago):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! That's a blast from the past! I'd love to have one of those in my garage.

That does bring back some memories!

New Lid & Race Win!!!

Got the new Lid on! Fits like a glove. Windows open front and sides. No major overhang... Awesome!!!

On the way there a very fit homeless dude carrying a heavy pack riding a 50 speed mountain bike, possibly motorized, waved the ready set go at a light. He crossed into the turning lane and the race was on. I caught up at an eighth of a mile and passed him with ease at the quarter mile mark. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

HAhaha! What a tale. Awesome victory, well fought against a seasoned racer. I cant believe you found a top so fast. There is no slowing you down when you are on a mission!

On the way back some dude in a CJ, coming through a light toward me as I sit in the left turn lane, CJ doors off, 100 plus degrees mind you, takes both hands off the wheel, sticks them both out the door along with his left leg, in some kind of convulsing celebratory jeep brotherhood wave. I just turn the radio up and looked straight ahead, then offered a brief wave, some pleased though I was. Lol. All his foot and hands were out the side. Lol. A good day!

Now, next thing. So the new top has the slider window, now of course I gotta have the slider window cab side, JeepGlass dot com has one tinted for 600 bucks. Is that an insane price? I do want to be able to reach back in there, pass through. So this will happen. Just wondering if I should jump at the shiny new one for big bucks or go hunt me up a cheaper used variety. Thoughts?