Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

These are just standard GM Corvette brake parts. You can also find this at Speedway Motors or any shop that caters to the ARCA Stock car market, or Pro-Mod and the like.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performa...RoCZpMQAvD_BwE

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/631292/10002/-1

Thank you for sharing the source and parameters. Boxes arrived today so tomorrow they'll get to the shop. Really appreciate this help, I'd be using duct tape. Hopefully some progress being made on the various installs, pretty freaking exciting!

A little progress
    Attached Images Attached Images

As Pelago said, you turn one bolt - then the next one, and so on.

You'll be able to stop on a dime with change to spare.

Such an awesome truck! Best of luck.

Some good work there.

And now for watheheckizit? And what can it do? Considering an overdrive from Herm if he has. Not sure if it's at this time. And for giggles, contemplating a four on the floor. I like the idea of going freeway speeds. I like the idea of having a granny gear. The most reasonable thing is to leave it original three on a tree. So... Anyone can tell me what is in these pictures?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alright so the internet says this is the A#1 transfer case of all time, the Dana Spicer 18. So that's good. And, it may take a relatively cheap overdrive. Waiting to hear on that. I walked right into the coolest truck that ever lived! My wife corrected me, "No. You love her. It's okay". I was too busy dreaming of Cindy to properly evaluate the true meaning of the comment. Time will tell. Dana Spicer 18 Baby!!!

Properly built, the Dana 18 is overkill for anything but a big block. The military was not interested in breaking down. The entire drive train to this day, will work in most modern day 1/2 ton trucks without a problem. In fact Dana 44's can still be found there. My Son and his friends consistently abuse these power trains in some wild rock and mud rides!

Long ago I helped a few Baja teams with their power trains. I was also part of a Sacramento California Rubicon team. I can tell you they take some amazing abuse!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 02-16-2020 at 10:23 AM.