Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

The 2300 Holley is about the most popular two barrel carb of the era. It is still made today. I am not positive but this bracket might work. https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...age/parts/20-9 A call or email to Holley with specifics on your carb would net an answer I am sure.

I will say that there are a few who can tune them by ear pretty well. I am confident you could do it. A tach would do you much better than a vacuum gauge. A vacuum gauge is a nice addition for the final result. For certain you can get close by ear. The tach will allow you to set your idle speed, and then as you turn screws, you will see the RPM go up or down. You want to be sure to adjust the idle mixture screws with the engine under 850 or you might get into the high speed flow.

That being said, when you find a true "carburetor guy", he will thrill you by dialing in that carb and bracket, and if you watch him, you will know how to adjust your carb from then on (though done right you shouldn't have to).

Thank you! I'll keep you posted. So note to anyone... Actually look into and examine your junk boxes. Finally looked at my arm rests in my parts box They screw in. That could have been done 18 months ago. For some reason I thought the were bolt behinds so I delayed install. Frustrated!!! I'll send a picture once I get some vinyl tape and plug em into the doors...

Interior in - BJ's Off Road gets an A

Headliner went in simply enough. Looks decent! Convincing the wife to sew the visors (kit came with extra fabric for the purpose! )..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 09-01-2020 at 12:57 AM.

So here are the armrests installed.

I argued with the original military green painted clip for an hour. Love the whole thing about designing it right, fitting it correctly. Finally bent it a slight bit bit and tapped it with a hammer just into place in the door. That was after I convinced myself to magnetize the whole door to hold the clip in place. Man it was slippery. Totally satisfied to seat it properly, and to see that it came from a military clip bin. That paint hasn't seen sun since the early 60's. Beautiful.anyway, the arms
    Rest screws in the clip in the door.

As for the armrests, you know I need to be talked out of duct tape. I experimented with shrink wrap but didn't like. Might do vinyl tape. Anyway, they look okay in person as is. I'm just glad they are in there.

Feeling good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 08-31-2020 at 02:22 PM.

The headliner is nice! Those arm rests can be recovered without a whole lot of pain. An upholstery shop shouldn't charge much.

Looks great! A fine job well executed.

One step back and one forward. So I lodged my head against the back window to lift myself up to adjust the old guy back pillow underneath and presto bangor the back window popped out. Luckily my foot was on the clutch at the time of the incident. Save the fathead jokes. I know. Anyway, after some thought, got a guy over who refitted it and put in some goo to hold in place. Could have done it myself obviously, but I wondered if a pro shouldn't look it over, since it probably wasn't sealed properly. Yup, the first guy who actually installed it didn't return phone calls, the one who should have put sealer to begin with. I think I'm avoiding my to do list, liking the feeling of being done and drivable. But there's things to get to...

Mechanically sound is the priority. Even though it's fun to drive em' as soon as they will move. What with the head man? You popped the back window out with it? I know it gets hot there but don't put your head through the window while driving!

5JeepsAz, I've read your love affair with Cindy. You are both very lucky. I am happy that you have a great Willys Jeep to drive around.

Those leaks looks like they are quite a pain to hunt down. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it.

I love the red paint that you chose. It was a good call to keep the patina on the tailgate. It looks real cool.

Here is the link for the fence forum you were asking for earlier if you want to share your fence troubles
    http://www.farmfencetalk.co.uk/

Love the fence forum!!! Yeah, I dunno. I put my head back and lifted my carcass up. Ignored the flex, ignored the groaning strain sounds. Even drove off and didn't notice until my neck got hot. Put my hand up to shut my fancy new split window but it was closed. Followed the warm wind to the sky. What the heck? Wiggled my fingers through the gap. I would say it happens, but it clearly doesn't or people have enough sense not to admit it. If I don't show up for awhile look for me on the fence forum!