Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator Cindy

The Fence Forum!!!!!!

We truly take things in multiple directions.

Get this. I'm sure people know this, but it was news to me so I'm sharing. Gunpowder and Gasoline channel on YouTube's did a FSJ build. Dude pulls off the 70's plastique front grille and guess what?!? The metal grille from the 60's is still under there?!?! Amazing. You want an old school look? Just remove the new school to reveal the original. It's a little work, but that rhino chaser grille is yours for the having if you want it.

Alright well. So I had my own debate. I debated with myself for awhile, man, it was killer conversation! I kept feeling a weakness at speed, eventually it cut out a couple times. So then I get it home and now it won't start. My hunch is I need to get moving to the shop to get that choke cable replaced. but no I won't do that because I already broke down in traffic a time or two so that's a bad choice. Solution? Yup. Car carry it over to the shop. But first I bought a vacuum keg and solenoid idle advance bracket deal, based on forum member advice. Thank you! The good folks at Holley Carburetor informed me of the limitations up front, but I purchased anyway seeing as how I've got a couple genius fab guys on the payroll at the corner shop. Basically the bracket has two holes and the carb only the one. And of course there's that clunk. And the scraping sound occasional from the brake. Oil leaks. Oil change. Lube. Maybe a fuel send if I can find one. Speedometer checkup. Yessir it's time for a spa day. As soon as the parts come I'll supervise the transport. More as it happens.
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 09-30-2020 at 06:01 PM.

I think you are going to love the added drive-ability of the solinoid and the can. Cindy deserves the pampering. You keep ramming her into a fence.

Let us know about the weakness at speed and wont start situation. I wonder whats up with that, self I said?

Been a long day! The first symptom was seeming weakness going up a long hill. I went to second but had to give it gas. A week later it slowed in traffic and regained force. a week later it cutout and I had to clutch start. Then it wouldn't start. I added gas so has fuel.

Did you have a new fuel pump put on?

Yes after the tank, do not think the original but will check. The added pump was noisy so I added gas to the tank. The noise did change but it would not start. I had the feeling it would start if I choked it.
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 09-30-2020 at 07:18 PM.