Hi! I've been writing a story about a family in the 1970's. 1977 to be specific. They own a 1963 Jeep Wagoneer. While it would seem stupid to most, I believe vehicles can have personality. Some of you might agree, maybe not.

Either way, I've been doing a lot of research in order to accurately depict my parent's "hay day". I wish i could ask them, but they've both passed away. My dad was an auto mechanic too.

I'm here to try to breathe life into an imaginary classic jeep. Since I've (sadly) never driven a classic car or a manual for that matter, can anyone give me insight on how they're different from modern cars? My mother talked of her old cars from time to time. Things like flooding the engine and skipping gears. That kind of stuff would be valuable to know about.

I have 4 scenes where this jeep gets to shine.

1. The father teaches his 15 year old son to maintain it. "You have to know how to keep her running if I'm going to teach you to drive her."

2. Learning to drive in it. I know driving tests were on the road back then, but I would love any details you could give me.

3. They need to rush to the hospital and the son drives her like he stole her. Again, any information or stories would be great. How do they handle speed? Turns?

4. Years later, after the son inherits the jeep from his father, it breaks down in a terrible rainstorm. Just a plot gimmick at the moment, but I need to figure out why it would've broken down. It needs to be something the son thinks he can fix, because he gets out of the car.

To be honest, I'll be shocked if I get a response at all, but I thought I'd try. Thanks for your time!