Thread: 1943 GPW needs a paint job

1943 GPW needs a paint job

My son in law has recently purchased a 43' GPW in great shape but would like to restore it to its original Navy color ...We're looking for any recommendations someone might have for a restoration paint shop in the Pacific Northwest that might be willing to undertake this project....thanks Jon Dilloway

Paint a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by jsdcga75 View Post
    My son in law has recently purchased a 43' GPW in great shape but would like to restore it to its original Navy color ...We're looking for any recommendations someone might have for a restoration paint shop in the Pacific Northwest that might be willing to undertake this project....thanks Jon Dilloway
    Well, the good news is that a Jeep isn't a tough vehicle to paint. Once you get the old paint off, and the rusted and missing places filled in, it is mostly painting flat surfaces. I would suggest a commercial truck painter over the neighborhood collision fixer.

In the KWAS catalog, about page 45, there is a paint chip for USN Gray which is shown as a color for that model and year. Then, you have to decide if that color goes up under the hood, is it the interior color, what about the under side ...

Choices, choices, choices.

The g503 and steel soldirers forums may have more information on just what color goes where.

Post us a picture - we'd like to see the starting place!