My name is Ray-Dean. I'm a disabled vet, husband to a police officer, and a father of three sons. After the Navy, I worked as a Ford Master Tech for 12 years, then worked for the city as their mechanic, and most recently as the head mechanic/shop foreman for our local county highway district. I rebuilt my first engine (2.3 Ford) at 14, and I worked my way to complete fabricating custom hot rods. Learned to drive in a 71 IH Scout 800B Comanche, and Sold my '61 Scout 80 to fund a new Willys project.

I have owned three Jeeps, a mid-70's cj5, a '91 yj while in the service, and we currently own an '18 jlu that is our "family car". I've always wanted a flat fender Willys, but never really had the means or time to devote to a proper personal built. In march of this year, I started my own small woodworking business (my disabilities prevent me from wrenching and fabricating full time now) and I have decided that an early Jeep would make the perfect shop/company vehicle.

So I'm looking... Found several in all states of disrepair. Nothing that I couldn't tackle, but my wife has places limitations on the amount of work needed so I cannot purchase a complete basket case. It's probably for the best. Right?

I hope that will do for an introduction. Currently looking for a cj2a and Bantam trailer to do a resto-mod. Love old Jeeps, don't need a military vehicle to remind me I served.