Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Hi everyone, I have wanted a ww2 jeep for years so firstly thanks for the add.

I am based in the UK, have been into the military land rover seen for over twenty years regularly going to land rover show with my 1976 land rover 101.

Been saving and looking for a ww2 dated jeep for about the past year researching the price and availability over here.

There are a couple of dealers in the uk that regularly have examples for repair.

I love the restoration challenge that it will bring, s over the past twenty years i have stripped and rebuilt my land rover.

There is am example on ebay at the moment, I dont know if it is allowed but any objections if I post a link and ask for comments??

eBay Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by stevegully View Post
    There is am example on ebay at the moment, I dont know if it is allowed but any objections if I post a link and ask for comments??
    Welcome to the group[ here in the Colonies;

Go ahead and post the link. You're asking for advice, not doing a sales job.

All that can happen is that it gets deleted ... and most of us here have had a lot worse happen to us.

Welcome Stevegully!

Please post your example. We have posted eBay ads before for parts and etc. We look forward to learning more about the Rovers, while sharing our knowledge of the Willys.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-23-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Google isn't on board today.

Welcome Stevegully!

Please post your example. We have posted eBay ads before for parts and etc. We look forward to learning more about the Rovers, while sharing our knowledge of the Willys.

In Europe, I would look into the French Hotchkiss. They are direct cousins to the WWII Willys/Ford Jeeps.

http://www.m201.com/

Hi all,

Thanks for any advise the ebay link is below.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323920975667

Hopefully that works!

As for the french, well I want a ww2 example. I am not casting dispersing nasty thoughts about the French jeeps but not for me. In fact I thought I had found a ww2 example about a year ago, but it turned out to be a cj2a variant, again nothing wrong with them just not what I want.!

That looks pretty good. You get a lot of items for the money.

You want what you want. Don't settle for an imitation.

We look forward to seeing what the European market has to offer.

It is ugly - but ugly paint is better than rust or missing pieces. From what we can see the floors appear to be there, but it's hard to tell if there are missing places or not. There are a lot of added parts that need to come off, but cutting and grinding are part of restoring.

It looks like a very feasible project - there will be surprises as you go along - but there are not many WW 2 examples left.

Let us know what you decide - and good luck.

Steve, if my exchange math is correct, isn't 5000 pounds about $7500.00 U.S? Be cautious as that is quite a sum.
    "Options are for girls"

Thank you all for your comments, it is quite a sum here my questions to you all and I realy value your opinion.

It is quite a sum, but over here if a can get it for the starting sum (and it is the second time it has been advertised) I think I might go for it.

Cutting Grinding and welding do not faze me, I did enough of that on my land rover!
    Timing is a little difficult as I am away for home with work this week but I will try to make it work!

Thank you all for your input so far and I look forward to any more!

The starting sum is on the high side, but looking at all the pieces and the extra body, I would be interested if I were in the market for a GPW. If the spare body is not full of filler, you'll be in good shape. The original body doesn't look terrible. The lower portions to include the rear section with the embossed Ford, are soft, but workable. The extra body can turn into trading material for parts you really need, you can invest some time and effort into fixing up the spare body to sell, or used on your chassis. Original parts are hard to come by, and are worth the extra money to purchase. The new metal isn't the same grade as the original, and takes some finesse to use for a proper repair.
    Attached Images Attached Images