Thread: UK MB Auction on eBay

UK MB Auction on eBay

Several days ago a gentleman from the UK posted several notes about a 1942 MB that was up for auction on UK eBay. I put a track on the auction, which closed yesterday.

The MB sold for 6,100 pounds sterling, about $ 7,600.

Maybe we'll see the MB come across the Forum here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello all,

I followed the auction and I did not bid. If I had been in the uk at the moment I would have made the four hour trip to go and have a look, before I placed a bid or made an offer.

It attracted me as it was running, I was not that bothered about the welding, but as I have found out before with my land rover one little bit of welding leads to more welding!!

I will carry on looking and see what turned up, I will get one, i just have to be in the right place at the right time!!

However stand by for more questions!!

You where a little shy on the sold price!! It went for 7200 uk pounds, which if I have converted it correctly is 8800 dollars!!

WOW! That's pricey.

Hello every one,back home again now!

To be honest the price was quite competative for over here, the origional price was £9000 (just over $11000).

I am still looking - one will turn up, i was working alongside the US navy last year in the middle east its a shame i could not have got one sent over on a C5 or a C17!!!

However is there a parts catalogue for the WW2 jeeps that anyone would recomend?

Parts Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by stevegully View Post
    Hello every one,back home again now! However is there a parts catalogue for the WW2 jeeps that anyone would recomend?
    Look at the Kaiser Willys website at MANUAL-055, MANUAL-058 and MANUAL-010. Those three books should have 95% of what you will likely need.

Most of are in "sticker shock" over the price of that MB ...

Hello,

we the price was competative over here! i am watching a few others on ebay to further gain a outlook on the market.

Thanks for the link to the manuals - i have found them on ebay over here, i feel the cost of the shipping from the states to the UK would negate any savings on the somewhat "varable" exchage rate at the moment.

I will keep reserching and watching and i guess keep asking questions!

I thought the price was in line for what was offered. I'm pretty cheap when buying vehicles, but to get exactly what you want, you have to pay the going rate.

Good luck, and keep us advised of what you find.