Thread: 50 something cj3b

50 something cj3b

I'm new here, recently joined and posted twice about the cj2a I bought. The gentleman I bought it from also has a 3b project sitting in pieces. I'm a little interested if nothing more than to have spare driveline parts. I've seen the frame, engine and driveline components as well as the body tub. He's supposed to have a storage room with "a bunch of the rest of it". The tub is complete junk imo, but I think he's hoping to get a two thousand. That seems ambitious to me but I wonder, understanding condition is everything, what the f head engine might be worth.

I'm wondering if I could flip enough of the parts that I don't want, like a titled frame and the engine, to put me into the rest affordably? Any thoughts on current salvage prices for those two items?

A title is always worth something. Do they have the original vin tag with the frame? If the motor is a good core (running or, rebuild-able) it is worth something. There is always a market for parts. Look on eBay and the like for what you have. Frames are worth a few hundred bucks. A good L134 core can fetch $500 or so. Taking things apart and selling pieces can net more. I did sell a few spare pieces of my project.

I'm not sure about the vin tag, I didn't look to be honest. On my next trip out I take a look.