Thread: 53 Pickup Axel Bearing Problem

Threaded View

53 Pickup Axel Bearing Problem

When I took my Willys pickup to the Threshing Bee and Car Show the back right hub was smoking and very hot to the touch. When I pulled the wheel and hub off I could see why. The last person to put the hub on inserted the axel shaft key too far and it worked like a mill and destroyed the axel shaft bearing, cup, outer grease retainer and the grease shield. (I swear it wasn't me) So I took everything apart and pulled the other hub. I have ordered new seals, bearings, cups and gaskets so I can replace everything with new stuff but I can't find the shim pack for the Timken rear differential and I can't find a replacement Grease Shield. I'm wondering how I get the correct end play without shims? Can anyone let me know where I can find a shim pack for a 53 Timken differential and a grease shield? Is there a shim pack out there that I can make work? I know that most people use the old grease shield but as you can see in the attached picture mine was smacked. Any advice will be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images