Thread: New quest for the past: Looking to add a jeep back to my garage

New quest for the past: Looking to add a jeep back to my garage

Hello to the Jeep world. While I have owned several Jeeps, staring with a CJ7, I am looking to start a journey. I am going to start my first restoration, as soon as find the appropriate per 1949 jeep. Retirement is great, but want something fun to do. You may hear from me from time seeking advice.

My first question is "Where to start looking for my new/old jeep.

Thanks for the add,

Mitch

Your going to love the restore Mitch. It would depend on how far you want to drive. There are some great ones at https://willysforsale.com/ . I looked for a while, and finally drove about 60 miles to get one. I looked at several before I found one. Put a few hundred miles on my truck. I had a "crew" helping me. My son is a 4 wheeler. He has a Scrambler. He put the "boy's" on it and they came up with a bunch on Facebook and Craig's list.

Good Hunting!

Welcome WV Jeep!

Another good source is eWillys.com. David scrounges through several sources and posts daily on Willys and parts for sale. He also has countless historical articles that is good reading material.

Thanks: two really nice links. Willing to travel to pick up a good candidate.

Gotta Have a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by WV Jeep View Post
    Thanks: two really nice links. Willing to travel to pick up a good candidate.
    There are good candidates out there - and sometimes you will have to make some choices. If you are good at sheet metal work; cutting, welding and forming - the rusty tub with the pretty good machinery might be the best choice.

On the other hand - if you are pretty good at swinging a wrench but can't weld worth a hoot - the basket case of machinery with a better topside may be the best bet.

Let us know what you find ...