Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 cj-5

Hybrid View

1957 cj-5

Jeep2.jpg (17.7 KB)T Jeep1.jpg (18.0 KB) Jeep3.jpg (43.2 KB) Jeep4.jpg (40.2 KB) Jeep5.jpg (42.4 KB) Trying to start my thread and post a few pictures. The first two are the only ones I have before I started. The Jeep was painted in a John Deere green and yellow paint scheme. The first obvious thing that had to be changed. I first decided to just clean up the engine and paint it up, but then evolved into taking everything apart on the front and shining up the frame, then evolved into a whole new body tub that I haven't got yet. Got a long way to go before I get to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by okiemark; 12-16-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Trying to figure this out. Not the easiest thing I have ever encountered.

Jeep6.jpg (43.5 KB) Jeep7.jpg (39.9 KB) Jeep8.jpg (42.5 KB) Jeep9.jpg (54.5 KB) Got the body off and outside. Now I have the differential and springs off the back and I'm cleaning up parts and painting and cleaning up the frame to paint. Been putting in new seals in everything as well as new brake lines. It had new springs. If I had it to do over again I would have pulled the engine and tranny and completely stripped the frame and had it sandblasted. Would have saved me some time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We had a little snow and cold today, but they're saying the weather is going to gradually warm and work its way up to near 70 so that means I have a chance to get that differential cleaned up and painted and the frame painted. I'm looking forward to putting it back together.

Looking awesome man! She cleans up pretty good!

On posting the pic's, it looks like you have it figured out. You have to go to "Go Advanced" and then "Manage Attachments". Then you have to browse for a file and upload it. One at a time. There is a limit on the individual file size listed, and a limit on the number of files, that you figure out when it wont take any more.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 12-17-2019 at 07:26 AM.

I couldn't figure out how to post them from my phone, so I e-mailed them to myself, then moved them to a folder and went from there.

Wow! I do not know how some of you can operate so well on that phone! I need a BIG screen, BIG keyboard. The thought of trying to do that on the "Star Trek" communicator scares me.

WOW okiemark your project looks GREAT.........

Well done!

Got my body kit today. Looked good. It said some holes might have to be drilled. I didn't see any holes, so they might mean all holes.