Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 cj-5

And a couple more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few things I still need to do. Paint the Willy's on the tailgate. Glovebox latch, can't seem to find one. Cover a couple of holes in the firewall. Fix front crank seal leak. Windshield wipers a possibility. Find me a horn. Winter time project will be to make some seat mounts to put in the bucket seats I already have. I have to devise something to hold the fenders level. Looking at the back it is slightly higher on one side. I'm thinking about swapping the springs on the back and see what happens.

Well done! You've done a great job on the 5, and by spring you'll have a show winner.

Looking like new man! If the springs and bushings are new, you have to drive it around a bit and let the springs and bushings settle in. Some bumps and passengers are helpful here. Mine leaned left then right, then perfect in about 100 miles.

Could you make a close-up picture(s) of how the throttle return spring is rigged on your F-134? Mine is a jury rig to a bracket on the fire wall and I'd like to do a correction some day.

I sure will. The one that was on it was way too long and they had bent it to make it work. I bought a new spring at Atwoods and the way I have it I'm not sure is the exact right place but it looks right and works.

I could have had a brighter day to take the pics. We had a cooler than normal May, then a hot, dry, windy as hell June, now a wet July. I have never seen it rain so much in July. I'm in the middle of putting timing chains on my 4 wheel drive Ford so I'm driving my 2 wheel drive to check wells which is a challenge.

Another thing I need to do is bushing the brake pedal on the shaft so it doesn't move around so maybe I can make it quit scraping on the floorboard.

Man, that is some Jeep! Impressive build and finish. Love looking at it! Hey, I think you need to post a picture in a mudbog down near the well. Just to let us see her (or him, does it have a name?) slathered up in mud and debris. love the plywood seat back too. Just great man!

The only thing I can think of is Nellie Belle. Haven't got it in the mud yet. Don't want to have to clean it up. Ha. Thanks for the compliments.