Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 cj-5

Got the tail lights on and working. Put the bumper on. I had painted it months ago and had it boxed up. It fit perfect. I'm going to pick up some grade 8 bolts in town today. Still got to paint the hood. I have put on one coat and have been sanding it smooth. A little bit more wiring to do and address the temp gauge. I'm thinking I'm going to just put a good quality gauge in the dash and forget about the on in the speedo cluster. The more I find out about those gauges, the less I like them. Wish I had just gotten a speedometer only and bought some gauges. And I have to figure out how to level the front end. The fenders don't have the brace that is supposed to bolt to the frame and the grill only bolts in the middle so that lets the front lean to one side or the other. I have to figure that one out. Also the cradle on the dash that fits over the steering tube is quite a bit off. I have to figure that one out too.

Pictures, Man!!

Look back about 4 posts, AZ.

Nice job Mark. Drive it over to Florida. I'll take you fishing

Now that there is my type of offer!

Good deal. Your project is really coming along!

Kind of on hold now. A thing called harvest is in the way.

Hope this year's crops are the best you've had.

Went back. That's a great jeep! Ditto on your good work and for a good harvest

An update on mine. I put the bench seat back in that was in it when I bought it. It is in good shape but not what I want to end up with, but good enough for now. It came with some nice bucket seats that I have to make some brackets for probably this winter. I still have a front seal leak, even after I put in a new front pulley. I guess I'll have to pull the cover to check it out. I do have an extra seal. It is leaking pretty bad. Took the windshield frame and rubber up the local glass guy. Of all the things in our tiny town, we have a glass guy. He laughed when I told him a new one was $280. It probably won't cost me more than $50 as he can buy the glass and cut it out. Still have to put the final coat on the hood but you can't paint right now because we have been having 30 mph wind 24 hours a day for most of a month. Too much dirt in the air. I ordered a mechanical SW temp gauge. I gave up on trying to make the one in the cluster work. According to the test book they sent me, it is a current regulator problem which is nice to know but does nothing for me. I am disappointed with this part. The fuel level gauge works part of the time so I don't know what I'm going to do there. I am 95% done.