Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member looking for a resource for finding the proper parts per year?

New member looking for a resource for finding the proper parts per year?

Hello from Sunny Southern CA.

Is there a resource / website guide that can help with finding the original parts for each year of Willys? I have a 57 Wagon I was thinking about keeping the speedo cluster original too as the newer, after market made ones are expensive and look cheaply made.

Thanks,
    Marc

Have-a-Willys-Christmas-Beverly-Hills.jpg

Welcome Marc,

That is a great looking wagon!

LarrBeard on this forum had his gages refurbished a couple of years back. He will be along before too long to give you his knowledge on the subject. He also has a great in depth article on the issues he was having with the aftermarket temp sensors not reading correctly.

Good afternoon new member here from Northern Michigan. Just purchased a 1955 CJ5 and a 1960 CJ5 would be looking for parts will removing the body in the next couple weeks

Wow!

Nice Wagon.

A. How are the lights on the wreath powered - vehicle battery or what?

B. I like the guard dog too. He looks like he means business.

C. There are a number of places that can refurbish gauge clusters, Mr. Google can start you looking. Bob's Speedometer Service in Howell Michigan did a restoration of my gauges in the '48 Truck.

https://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/index.asp

He does good work, but good work is not cheap. He stands behind the work - I had an issue with the speedometer they worked with me to get it resolved. Turn around time depends on his shop load, but was reasonable. He can make them look and work like it was 1957 again.

You should not have major issues with the gauges and sensors in the '57 since they are the late 12-volt gauges. Life gets interesting when you try to integrate original 6-volt gauges with the sensors on the F-134 (which can be either 6-volt or 12-volt).

D. Get a Kaiser-Willys catalog. They do as good a job of listing correct parts by year as just about anyone.

Just remember the First Rule of Jeep: What you see is what you have - trust your eyes, not what someone wrote down or told you.

Then, the Second Rule: Never say Willys would never have ___________________ (fill in the blank). They probably did, especially around a model change over date!
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 12-30-2019 at 04:06 PM.

That thing is beautiful!

Wow some gorgeous paint on that rig! Tell me the doggie had it's nails clipped.

WOW that is a Spectacular Looking Wagon.......

Nice Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Wow!

Nice Wagon.

A. How are the lights on the wreath powered - vehicle battery or what?

B. I like the guard dog too. He looks like he means business.

C. There are a number of places that can refurbish gauge clusters, Mr. Google can start you looking. Bob's Speedometer Service in Howell Michigan did a restoration of my gauges in the '48 Truck.

https://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/index.asp

He does good work, but good work is not cheap. He stands behind the work - I had an issue with the speedometer they worked with me to get it resolved. Turn around time depends on his shop load, but was reasonable. He can make them look and work like it was 1957 again.

You should not have major issues with the gauges and sensors in the '57 since they are the late 12-volt gauges. Life gets interesting when you try to integrate original 6-volt gauges with the sensors on the F-134 (which can be either 6-volt or 12-volt).

D. Get a Kaiser-Willys catalog. They do as good a job of listing correct parts by year as just about anyone.

Just remember the First Rule of Jeep: What you see is what you have - trust your eyes, not what someone wrote down or told you.

Then, the Second Rule: Never say Willys would never have ___________________ (fill in the blank). They probably did, especially around a model change over date!
    I got on "Bob's Website"
    WOW he does some nice work fixing old gauge clusters, that's impressive!!!!

Marc,
    I don't know how these guys can make comments about how nice your wagon is with just one picture. I don't believe them and therefore I need more pictures. Also, I admit to being nutty over dogs and that one is a peach.
    Dang...now I don't know if I want more pictures of the wagon, or the dog. Perhaps both would be appropriate.
    Mike down in Encinitas (by Carlsbad)
    "Options are for girls"

That is a good point. He could have just painted the hood and shined the bumper and the rest of it sucked. So I say more pictures.