Thread: Jallen1795 cj2a-47 - Pictures

Jallen1795 cj2a-47 - Pictures

Gentleman, hopefully I am doing this right with my pictures and all. Never hurts to try. Here are my some of my jeep pictures, the new love of my life. Crazy!!!! Just some history of my jeep as much as I know. This was literally a barn find, although this barn was pretty nice, I first saw the jeep in the barn. It had the hard top on it, which I found to be the Sears Delux aluminum model. It's in great shape. I found the Sears original ads, for metal, alum, full or half tops. Old ad and the price at the time $230. The door's were in the back, they were not attached. Nice roll bar was on it. Also a tow hitch and the winch was there. Removed some stuff for picture taking. I purchased the jeep from older retired doctor on a huge 125 acre ranch. Color is Army or Marine green. Originally yellow. It ran only ok all due to bad gas. He had the jeep in non-op since 2000. Original vin tag and had the title in hand. He kept this jeep in very good condition and there are almost no dents or little rust to be found. Everything worked except fuel and amp gauges which are working now. The odometer reads 7,310 and by way the motor runs and body looks, why challenge it. I said this jeep was in mint condition in my introduction and maybe that's stretching it, but after all the jeeps I have looked at, all through all the years, this 73 year old Willy's is gold. Just didn't want to make it sound it just came out of a crate. I did immediately purchase the military tires and rims (Kaiser) replacing some other high end 4wheel tires and rims. Unfortunately the windshield is cracked, but easy fix. Original frame, and I believe the bumpers. Minor maintenance got this jeep running sweet, purring like a cat. I guess, the original "go devil" motor. The tub is in remarkable condition. The windshield, I am confused. See some pictures with the split frame and some full. Pretty much from that, there's my barn find. Incredibly, it is registered, insured and title already switched. Street Legal!! Sometimes these things get lost through the years. She's in a good home and now retired after working most of my life, I will take good care of her. Happily to say, I just got started. Please if anybody see's, in the pictures, anything that catches your eye, windsheild?, recommendations, thoughts, or whatever, good or bad, let me know. I carry much humility so I don't get humiliated. Respectfully, Jim Allen. PS - $7000 for everything. Money well spent. Thanks Doc.

I don't think I like you anymore. No, kidding aside, that jeep looks fantastic! You are one lucky guy.

Nice looking rig!

The windshield is styled after a CJ3A or military M38. There is a benefit to having a later windshield, especially if you are a bit taller than the 1940's average height.

The first photo is of our 2A, with the original windshield. The second and the last photo are of an original M38, then the last is of an aftermarket, remanufactured bodied CJ3A/M38.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a beauty Jim!!!!!

Jim, did you use a tiny camera?
    "Options are for girls"

To funny, scoutingranch!! Either you hit the thread with no pictures, which was a goof or you missed a previous thread, that I hope is satisfactory, with the pictures. Wasn't easy learning and navigating the forum, downloading pictures. Don't know what you see on the other side. Take care.. Jim

Jim, sent a PM.
    "Options are for girls"

What's a PM??

Nice Jeep man!

PM a private message. Go to your "Private Messages folder" on this Forum.