Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some tire guidence please

Alright now. I'm a tire guy. So how crotchity does a man have to be to not take NDTs into any kind of weather? Surely they do slide a bit under certain conditions. Kind of like synchros but for steering, see? You just clutch and gas until the thing straightens up, right? No problems. I may never have driven on NDTs, but I have slept in a Holiday Inn Express...

Perfect! You are what we call a "Driver". Defined at the track as a jockey who understands the tires are there to control drift.

I was driving in the rain, happens once in a blue moon in the desert,. Thinking about this thread. If anything, I guess the worry about taking your prize jeep on NDTs out in weather and on scrubby roads is not what you do to your jeep with those tires, it's what other drivers and bad roads could do to your jeep... To make that cleaner, I was thinking no way do I trust other drivers in bad weather, as I could control a skid but not what other people do. Having said that, I defer to whomever about what they do with their rig. I just like driving!

I had no idea what "non-directional tread" meant. I just used it like I did,

Thanks again for semi-loads of information!

GM has the scoop!

The first is the tried and true Non directional military tire.

The second is the high traction "mud and snow" tire. They do better in snow then mud, but they will allow you to stop in the rain a whole lot better then the solid center of the NDT.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...71-jeep-willys

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...71-jeep-willys

Since the research says the original design was due to limited rubber supply, therefore not designed for performance, I was glad to learn the generation of tires on my 64 were designed for aggressive traction tread in an era of surplus rubber.
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 02-26-2020 at 08:46 PM.

bought four tires original size had them shipped and shipping included $65.00 each, tubes were actully cheaper at the place that mounted them003.jpg