Thread: I am new here and please need info about my CJ-6 Mediterraneo

I am new here and please need info about my CJ-6 Mediterraneo

Hello, my name is Sabine Heidelbach and I am from Bavaria in Germany.

I have the following problem I have a Willis Cheep Mediterraneo CJ -6. As I hardly have any documents about this car so there are no registration documents, I should now know on which page exactly with link you could determine that the car was built in 1964. I need this to bring it back on the road which motorization the car has (engine), cylinders ... I was told that you can find out about the Kaiser Vin plate the exact year of 1964 but I need the direct link where I can find this number. Thank you so much. The car is partially restored and has only rust, but it would have to be repainted and of course the rubbers on the windows have to be completely replaced. The electrical system works and the winch also works. I would like to know if this is possible what the value of this car is.

Thank you very much for your help Sabine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you looked on the firewall under the hood for a serial plate?

Jeep CJ-6

Quote Originally Posted by sasa1860 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sabine Heidelbach and I am from Bavaria in Germany. I was told that you can find out about the Kaiser Vin plate the exact year of 1964 but I need the direct link where I can find this number. Thank you very much for your help Sabine
    Welcome Sabine.

You have a very nice vehicle. It looks like you have a Koenig Super Cab installed on the vehicle. The nameplate picture you enclosed from Koenig Iron Works is the serial plate for the winch or the top that is installed on the vehicle.

What is Koenig? "Koenig Iron Works " was founded in 1911 in Houston, and was making equipment for the oil industry in Texas. In the fifties and sixties it became common to fit a Jeep or Land-Rover with a mechanical Koenig winch, originally designed for oil rigs.

There is a hint to the date of your Jeep in the way Koenig’s address is written on the serial plate. Prior to 1963 US mail addresses did not use the ZIP code system and cities were broken down into delivery zones (Houston, 7, Texas). By 1967 ZIP codes were mandatory and the address would have looked like Houston, Texas 77022. The serial plate dates this to about 1965 or earlier since most businesses made the change well before 1967.
    Koenig also designed and built tops for Jeeps. Here is a link discussing Koenig tops::

https://www.cj3b.info/Hardtops/Koenig.html

Now, how to identify your Jeep. From 1955 to 1971 Jeep CJ VIN numbers are usually located in several possible locations. You should find a tin plate on the driver’s side firewall and/or on the dash inside the Jeep. Jeeps prior to 1962 typically used a serial number. 1962 and later Jeeps used VIN numbers.

Here is a link to a listing for serial and VIN numbers that should give you a lot of information about the details of your CJ 6.

https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/decodin...ers-1955-1971/

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to tie an engine number back to a particular vehicle. Your engine is an F-134 engine; four cylinders developing about 70 horsepower.

You asked about what the vehicle is worth. One of the best ways is to look in the Willys For Sale marketplace.

https://willysforsale.com/

Let us know what you find or if we can help you in any way.

Welcome Sabine! Nice looking CJ-6! LarrBeard has all the answers.

That's a great looking Jeep! I like that top. CJ6's are rare, There were only 50,000 CJ6's made.

LarrBeard has you covered on how to identify it.

Would that have been used as an ambulance maybe?