Thread: New to the thread

New to the thread

I'm excited to finally be here! Starting my build this spring and need some help identifying what I've got. I saw an old flat fender sitting in the woods on a remodel job I was doing a year back and stopped in to see the owner of the property. After a bit of talking and negotiating the price, he and his brother agreed to sell me what they had. According to them, it was a 44 navy jeep that was stationed in the Philippines that their dad brought home. They ran it all over the mountains as kids till they broke the driverside knuckle. Pushed it in the woods 40 years ago with the intention of fixing it. I found it with a tree growing between the grill and bumper. Also had a frame and axels from what they think was a 59. The "59" frame is in great shape and the axels look like the seals held over the years. The 44 is just rust holding hands, but the driveline is in re buildable shape.
    My question is:
    Is there a way to determine what the year and body style were on the 59 frame, and if so, is it compatible with other body styles from that era? I'd like to do a m38 body or would settle for a cj3a/b. I can take pics of anything specific if it would guide your expert eyes. Appreciate any help.
    On a side note, I'm a luddite. This is probably the longest thing I've ever typed. So bear with me on the tech end.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To me it looks like the grill on the frame is a CJ-5. Looks like a perfect situation for a tub kit.

The grill is not from that frame. Just more stuff in his junk pile

gmwillys and LarryBeard can help out here. I think the 59 frame may have a serial/model tag on it. I think the tub kit idea is a good one there.

The 44 is a nice find if it is all there. A tub kit would get it going also. 44's are rare anymore. Very cool those super oldies!

Welcome Tr1pl3p,
    Great find! The second picture is consistent with a WWII Willys MB or a Ford GPW, more pictures would help determining the details. The grill in the second picture is a CJ 2 grill from the looks of it.
    We look forward to seeing your progress and assisting in anything you you need.