1949 Willys Jeepster

Hi All,
Added to the list of small things make for interesting problems. Ever since I got this beauty the gas guage has always been pinned at E. I've read all the links from previous posts, have a mild understanding of variable resistors, etc.
I took the gauge out, checked it over, found 1 of the tiny hair like wires was broken off the post. Soldered back. Applied current to it and it moved the needle on the bench test. Put it all back together, added 10 gallons of fuel and turned on the power. Nothing.
Checked the continuity of the wire from sending unit stud to gauge. Worked. Needle moved. Checked ground on tank. Jumped the circuit and it moved the needle.
I concluded an issue with the sending unit. Ran the gas down road testing, more fun than siphoning. Dropped the tank and tested the continuity again just to be sure wiring and gauge work. Bench tested the sending unit and sure enough no change in resistance.
Knowing I can buy a new sending unit for $40 I got brave and drilled the arm unit out to inspect. Tested the windings on the innards and found variable readings from end to end , middle to end and barely apart. So I know the resistance does vary.
Turns out under the mag glass the hair thin winding on the end is broken. Time for some micro soldering.

. 20200303_170628.jpg