Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still leaking

Totally Love it!! Got to have a drive by shot man. We need to be sure it moves.

HaHa, good point regarding extinguisher. I'm retired FD too! I'll try and post some video later.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Love it! The fire extinguisher set remotely out of the driver's reach shows confidence!
    Do old Willys burn? With such a "Rock Solid" cloth covered unprotected wiring system, the thought of an electrical fire starter never enters the mind!

The Horn is my favorite wiring setup.

Some of my projects required the fire extinguisher to be manned, with the safety pin pulled. The retired FD in you shows safety, but the confidence that all will go right with it sitting in front of the rad. The old cloth wiring doesn't have too bad of a tendency to flame up as one would think. It does have a distinctive smell when it gets hot though. I had been given a spool of 6 pair Nomex covered wire by a former neighbor. Each strand was wrapped in color coded Nomex. It was great stuff to use to build harnesses in high heat areas. I used the last bit of the roll on the 2A, just because it looks like the original fabric covered wires.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like the old 40's 50's wire no doubt!