Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Case Blues?

SOoooooooooooo

Street driving is OUT & HIGH....correct?

Pretty embarrassed to say I think lack of complete knowledge over the years of IN/OUT/HIGH/LOW on these rigs is the root of my 'so called' dilemma...

Your continued patiience and wisdom is MUCH appreciated!!!

I Speak WIllys 2.jpg
    More eye candy----T-shirts we are starting to produce for fun..
    Attached Images Attached Images

First and foremost I want a T-shirt. XL please.

Correct, street driving is OUT and HIGH.

Buy the owners manual (glove box manual). It is the best way to understand how to drive your Willys. These old classics have several things about them that make them difficult to drive, if you are used to modern vehicles. A Dana 18 transfer case is a far cry from today's Jeep's transfer case. It has two sticks, just to make a point. If you are going to work on it get a factory manual. There are more things that are unique when you start wrenching. If the book seems to be confusing, drop on line here and we will walk you through it. I would not try to drive or work on it without the books. You would hate to break something painful!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-28-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Let us know what you want for the shirts. I'll even throw on a little more to get Dr. Dana put on Bmorgil's shirt.

Great find on the gas can!

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Let us know what you want for the shirts. I'll even throw on a little more to get Dr. Dana put on Bmorgil's shirt.
    "Dr. Dana".... So LarrBeard gets his revenge. What did he say about "payback"? I can run but, I cannot hide.

Wayback, stay with it, your going to love that truck!

Ok Gentlemen--let me put together some shirts for you....right now I'm just working with black on white----but would consider black on grey?

I'm also a fan of larger logos on the back...California Style....but since these are customs...do either of you have a preference? And Yes, 'Dr. Dana' over the left front chest...I need gmwillys size plz....and will need to stare at the site as how to get your shipping/mailing addresses? And look closely at the logo thumbnails in the previous message....2 different logos...what are your choices please?

Truck is already a hit in the neighborhood----had it covered in lights in the drive over Christmas...lot of folks took pics! I will consider my Transfer Case Blues resolved due to ignorance on my part...but a great lesson from great teachers!

I have the service Manual in the pics----with a random detail page for you----from Originalreproductions.com. I don't think this is the glovebox version? What manual is suggested? I also have the Jeep Tornado 230 Engine Guide.

Next up...finish brakes on on to a remanf. Holley 2 barrel!!

Stay safe out there!!

Black on Grey, first logo with a large logo on the back, or what ever you decide! Private Message me on this site when your ready, and I can send you my address.

Which manual do you have? This is the one I was thinking of for the "Glove Box Manual". https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...ts-56-64-truck

It is for the Truck however. If yours is for your Wagon your all set. The Truck manual and Station wagon manual would be similar. Is yours considered a Station Wagon? We will need someone familiar with the Utility Wagon's to chime in . It sounds like you may have found the right one.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-29-2020 at 01:33 PM.

"Dr. Dana"

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    "Dr. Dana".... So LarrBeard gets his revenge. What did he say about "payback"? I can run but, I cannot hide.

Wayback, stay with it, your going to love that truck!
    BMorgil - you are indeed the "Doc" for anything that was ever built by the Spicer Division of the Dana Corp. "Dr. Dana" has a ring to it and it is more than one of those honorary degrees that politicians and education wanabees get thrown at them.

Enjoy it!

Utility wagon and station wagon are the same thing in Willys terms. Then add sedan delivery for the ambulance style doors on the rear, and no side windows . Then throw in a Parkway conversion to where the dealer would cut out the sides for windows to convert their stock of delivery wagons into passenger wagons.... Never say Willys never, as coined by LarrBeard.

Utility Wagon Manual.jpg
    Here's the manual Im going by....definitely 50s-60s style....but all the important stuff is there

GMWILLLYS shirts size & logo style please......