Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New front wheel hub

New front wheel hub

Looking for advice, I had to replace the passenger side front wheel hub and the fit is so tight that I can’t get it on without force. Tried the old hub and it slides right on. I understand wear on the old hub, but is there something I need to do with the brakes to install new hub to fit right?
    Last edited by CMoore; 03-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Welcome CMoore!

Is your hub complete with a new drum as well? It sounds like to me that the inner bearing race is too small on the I.D.? If you would, drop us some pictures to see exactly what you are seeing please. Dr. Dana will be by shortly to offer his professional expertise.

The hub seems to be rubbing on the brakes. I will get pics soon.

Yes new drum as well

I am not sure what exactly we are talking about here. What vehicle do you have? Definitely shoot some picks. If you are talking about the Drive Hub that connects the axle shaft to the drum hub, that issue is common. The fix is fairly easy.

Sorry, it’s a 47 CJ2

Sounds dumb, I’m trying to figure out how to upload pictures

CMoore, go to "Go Advanced" Scroll down to manage attachments, Select "Browse" pick a file and then select "Upload". One file at a time and there is a limit to the photo's per post, as well as the size. The "Attachment Key" has the size limitations and file types that are up-loadable.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    CMoore, go to "Go Advanced" Scroll down to manage attachments, Select "Browse" pick a file and then select "Upload". One file at a time and there is a limit to the photo's per post, as well as the size. The "Attachment Key" has the size limitations and file types that are up-loadable.
    Hopefully this will help you see what I got. I slid the bearing on, no problem. I seems to hang up on the brakes. I was just wondering if there is a way to compress the brakes or what else should I try? Sorry, I couldn't upload a picture with my phone, I had to go to the laptop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are locking nuts and eccentrics on the back of the backer plate.

You can loosen them to get some slack in the shoes and then readjust them. It looks like the shoes might have been adjusted way out for a drum that had been turned to clean it up.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/b...opic22726.html

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/b...opic24119.html

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/a...opic23912.html