Thread: Another New Guy

Another New Guy

Hi all. I live in Utah these days. I've owned a 1948 Willys for the past 32 years. I overhauled this jeep in 1993 and she's still running well, except lately (I will post elsewhere about that and ask for a bit of advice). I used to use this jeep in security work for several ranches in Northern Utah (catching poachers, etc.) and have always been amazed at the "unstoppability" of these jeeps. Mine has 5:38 gearing and the original Go Devil engine. Along with the overhaul, I replaced the gas tank, fuel pump, all wheel and master cylinders and brake lines, clutch, steering linkage, etc. I used to deal with Surplus City in California but for the past few years I buy my parts at Kaiser exclusively. I have changed two things: I replaced the original oil bath with an air filter and I installed an electric fuel pump. The only thing that doesn't work is the emergency brake and the speedometer (keeps tearing up the plug end that goes into the transmission). I am hoping to do a lot of body, paint, and upholstery work soon. I have some good stories about this jeep and two friends' jeeps and hope for many more with this one. Thanks for your time! Respectfully, mj.

Welcome aboard Bohonkie! Post some pictures of the heirloom.

Welcome Bohonkie!!
    We are happy to have you along!

"..I have some good stories about this jeep ..."

When work gets slow, we're all about stories, especially the ones that start out "There was this one time when..."

Welcome aboard