Hi there fellow Willys Jeep owners.

I am a virgin to the Willy's community. I have very recently got my hands on a CJ 3B here in South Africa just the day before our country went into lock down with COVID-19.
My intentions is to completely strip and do an overhaul on her once we come out o lock down.

What my question is for all your knowledgeable owners is what to look out for on spare parts for a rally I am participating in next year.
It will be a long hard rally crossing across 10 Southern Africa countries in 30 days. South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Mozambique, Swaziland, and Lesotho.

The last thing that I want is to break down and have no parts to replace it with and get munched up by lions, hyenas and a pack of wild dogs or even get trampled by elephants or buffalos. We will not have any back up what so ever on this rally. We are completely on our own and the right planning needs to be done carefully and accurately. The most obvious is spare tyres, I know, but what I don't know is what intends to ware out and gives problems on the CJ 3B ie; bushings bearings drive shaft etc.

Any advice on this will greatly be appreciated by the Willy,s family.