Thread: 1955 Cargo Loader CJ3B

Threaded View

1955 Cargo Loader CJ3B

I just finished a two year project building my 1955 Cargo Loader CJ3B. The day I bought it the original body was rust free and the Willys was in great shape to start a build but the drivetrain was in need of attention.
    I installed a Kubota 2.4 Turbo Diesel and a rebuilt T90 Transmission and Dana 18 Transfer Case from Kaiser Willys to solve the drivetrain issues. To make as clean of an install as I could I had to move the engine forward 2" to clear the firewall. I had to locate an exhaust manifold and oil supply lines that would move the turbo forward enough to get the exhaust to clear the firewall also. Then came the ugly saginaw power steering pump the old owner had installed along with a saginaw gearbox., I did not have enough room down low out of sight to hide the pump from view and making the brackets and buying the pulleys was becoming impossible if I wanted a clean look. So after many sleepless nights thinking about it I remembered a Volvo I had once worked on with an electric power steering pump. I did some homework and the math added up, the pump would work. I installed the pump under the front bumper to grill cover flipped a switch and I had power steering. So nice to sleep again. I am lucky enough that my M - F job is still going strong but with all the time I have now due to the virus making it impossible for the wife to drag me out on the weekends I was able to finish it.

I am trying to figure out the true value of the Willys because I always end up selling my projects after they are done so I can find something else to play with. Not saying I will sell this one, I have a bond with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images