Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1955 Cargo Loader CJ3B

gmwillys
    thanks for the compliments. I was into the american sports cars for years and have done a complete transformation to the Jeeps / Willys. I really love the amount of things you can do with these things. I have two 2020 CVO trikes for me and my wife and love the ability to add and work on them so when I was looking into my next project I ran across the Willys and bought it to play. Then I was watching a 2020 Corvette video and the next on the play list was the 2020 Wrangler Diesel and had to get one for the fun of playing. You can only do so much with a sports car but these jeeps there is endless possibilitys.

LarrBeard
    Thanks for the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy D View Post
    LarrBeard
    Thanks for the flowers.
    AWhhh, you promised not to tell. Now the rest of the guys will be jealous.

Yeah, all I get is a hard time....

Jeeps are the most fun vehicle that I've found. I've dabbled in motorcycles, snowmobiles, and muscle cars, but my Heeps are my passion. If you want the wind in your face, put the windshield down. When the Long Suffering Misses wants to go for a drive, she doesn't have to hop on the back, she can ride up front with no yelling back and forth needed.

Just remember, don't open your mouth above 40 mph with the windshield down! That might be what gmwillys was saying about "no yelling".

I can't wait for the info on the top. I am going to get it done as soon as you guide me! I have been looking for a top, that one is perfect and Corona Virus aside, the Parade is coming up!

"...she can ride up front with no yelling back and forth needed. "

You mean your wife doesn't give you driving instructions???

HAhaa, The last time the misses and I went to the ice cream shop, she was screaming murder all the way! "Oh my god the road is right there! There's no door! HELP there's no handles! My Hat! Oh my god my hair!" That's all I remember, that and me laughing, laughing a lot. Never lifted. 48 mph to the finish line.

My reason for this project, the laughter.

The only time she became slightly nervous was on our last run of the fall. We were headed to town and I hit a pot hole just right and the front end got to death wobbling. She raised an eyebrow, but waited to see if I cussed or not. After slowing down to let the front end to find its way back to straight. All I said was Hmmm, add that to the list of things to look into. She looks back with the "you think?" look.

Some of these builds, some of these brides, all of our lives! Funny. I am now convinced that a future purchase of mine will be from someone who "likes the build more than the drive". As one who likes the drive more than the build, I was planning on buying someone else's mistake. But this new way is better. Why buy a mistake when you can get yourself a completed build? Also, I do know that DIY is way more satisfactory than paying someone to build your ride, which is still pretty good.

5Jeep's anyway you got em' that's the way you want em'!

I know people who just drive em', just drive em' and love em', build em' and drive em', keep em runnin' and love em', just keep em runnin' and some who leave them set. Somehow "they" find a way...