Thread: L134 Information ?

L134 Information ?

Hi. This was included with my Jeepster purchase. Any idea what it was installed in originally? Year of manufacture? Not sure I need it and may want to sell. It is not seized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The serial stamp on the block says it is a Ford GPW block with a Willys post war head. The brass plate is from a rebuilder, but will need to check to see if I can find more information on the time frame of operations.

Pacific National Auto Parts has been around a long time:

"Our records show it was established in 1938 and incorporated in Washington. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 1,299,731 and employs a staff of approximately 20." They appear to still be in business.

Then again - maybe not:

"According to Washington business register Pacific National Auto Parts, Inc. status is Inactive."

But, I am suspicious of the brass plate with no date and stamped "CYL 8". Not that engine anyway.
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 05-05-2020 at 08:53 PM.

I recognized that stance, I was in an Army marksmanship detachment in the 80's and competed in a local CMP in the 90's". Donated my Grande to the club when I "retired" I do miss the Grande occasionally.

As you can tell, that stance is called "Awful Hand". It was taken on Viale Range (the west 1000-yard range) at Camp Perry, Port Clinton, Ohio - probably during Prep for the Hearst Doubles Match. From looking at the rifle I'm trying to shoot, I suspect it is late July or early August at the 2009 National Matches.

And, yes, I do pull my ears down when its time to go BANG!