Thread: Oil lines on CJ-5

Oil lines on CJ-5

My Jeep had an oil filter add-on for a spin on filter. A line went to the rear, top of the head and the other went into a fitting at the lower back of the block, left side. At the lower back of the block there are two openings, one just below the other. One of them was for the oil sender. Are both openings the same? I've gotten myself confused now on what goes where. Can either opening be used for the oil sender?
    Last edited by okiemark; 05-10-2020 at 09:08 AM.

any pictures?

I was hoping to find something on line that would show it but couldn't find anything They are all tapped for 1/8 pipe thread.

Oil Line Routing

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    My Jeep had an oil filter add-on for a spin on filter. A line went to the rear, top of the head and the other went into a fitting at the lower back of the block, left side. At the lower back of the block there are two openings, one just below the other. One of them was for the oil sender. Are both openings the same? I've gotten myself confused now on what goes where. Can either opening be used for the oil sender?
    The line goes straight down, sensor is lower filling.

This was a quick repair - get the formed line - it works a lot better anf fits right in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, on this one they have the spin on oil filter setup tied into this line. I had taken the fitting and the oil sender out and plugged both with a 1/8 plug to keep dirt and water out while I was cleaning up the motor and since that has been more than a day ago, I couldn't remember which went where. I got it figured out now. Thanks.