Thread: 47 Willys Radiator repalacement

47 Willys Radiator repalacement

Purchased replacement radiator from (Morris4x4-Omix) Come to find out they radiator does fit exactly but the top pipe does not have the correct angle to align the OEM hoses? I am trying to keep this rig OEM , Should I buy a small 2 in angle hose and connect? I am severally OCD about my jeep. I have thought about cutting the pipe and tig welding the correct angle into the radiator. Please advise me you have any tips.

On our 46, the replacement hose was too short for the stock radiator. I had a piece of section of pipe that I cut down to take up the difference. On some original drawings there was a piece of pipe shown but not offered.

The second picture is of a Ford Seep, but I didn't have a good picture of the tube installed in its top hose, but you can see the clamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    On our 46, the replacement hose was too short for the stock radiator. I had a piece of section of pipe that I cut down to take up the difference. On some original drawings there was a piece of pipe shown but not offered.

The second picture is of a Ford Seep, but I didn't have a good picture of the tube installed in its top hose, but you can see the clamp.
    I also learned the prior owner had the oil line coming from the filter canister running to the fire wall connection . I have a Cj2a manual and it does not show this . The manual show the top line as return back near the fuel pump?

Well the oil lines are usually the pressure line from the tap in the block near the fuel pump to the top of the canister, and a return line from the bottom of the canister to the front timing cover on top passenger side. I am not sure what a line to the firewall was there to accomplish.

Weird Oil Line

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am not sure what a line to the firewall was there to accomplish.
    Maybe some sort of a stub to tie in a mechanical oil pressure gauge?

This is a pic

How do I post a photo in this thread?