Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 47 Willys Oil return line plugged

Post an Image

Quote Originally Posted by Bradhoffmeister View Post
    That's how it is now. They had a mess. I would like to post a image. I cannot upload in forum?
    1. Take your picture and store it on your device or computer

2. Log into the Forum. Select a topic.

3. Write your story.

4. Roll down the page past the end of the message box, past the Icons, past "Submit Reply" down to the "Manage Attachments" grey box.

5. Click/select the "Manage Attachments" box.

6. A Menu will pop up called "Manage Attachments, Upload files from your computer"

7. Select the "Choose File" box and go to the image or picture you want to upload. Select it.

8. Once you select it, hit the "Upload" box and off it will go. There will be a little line at the bottom showing upload progress in %. When it is done, a box titled "Current Attachments" will pop up showing how many images you have attached. If you want to post another picture, repeat the process. Otherwise select "Close this window".

9. You can "Preview Post" to make sure that what you want to post is there. There is a limit of five attachments to any one post. Your images will show up as "Attached Thumbnails". They are stored as pretty low resolution images, so they don't enlarge very well.

It is easier than it sounds here. It's best not to embed images in the text of a post because some browsers will open the picture, but will log you out of the forum when you try to go back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I think the carb needs a rebuild? Temp is good , not overheating."

If you have it idling well, not smoking, not leaking or dripping too badly and not overheating - you are well into the game. Congratulations!

Most carburetors will need a rebuild. The accelerator pump usually dries out or splits and it is amazing how much crud will accumulate in all the little passages. There is a lot of good rebuild information on the CJ pages. I bought a cheap set of those little bitty drills from Horribal Frate to use to clean out passages in the Carter YF. Buy a good rebuild kit - take pictures when you tear it down.

I was able to remove it, with a few f bombs and 2 busted knuckles. LOL, Worth every moment at this point. This has become a labor of love. All is well for the most part. As mentioned before, the carb needs rebuilt. I am in crunch mode. I had expectations to have it ready for the memorial day parade. Most local shops have no idea how to rebuild a carb as everything is injected. I live in NKY/Cincinnati Ohio. The only guy I know has his shop shut down. Performance Off Road. Roy Carl he is not far from the house in Alexandria. He is well know in the Jeep world. I will reach out and see if he can do me a favor?

More Carburetor Stuff

I had expectations to have it ready for the memorial day parade.
    All of our Memorial Day Parades were canceled, CV-19.

Here is a good set of info on the Carter WO:

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/c...topic6161.html

Resist the temptation to put a SOLEX on it. Those were after market carburetors and while they might have been OK originally, they have been outsourced a number of times and their quality has gotten questionable. It's not that we are prejudiced, but here is our advice for a SOLEX:

1. Wait until dark and throw it as far out the shop door as you can.

2. When it gets light, have a friend go out in the field and find it. When he finds it, dig a hole and bury it.

3. Never ask the friend where it is buried.

Don't be surprised if you end up needing a fuel pressure regulator between the pump and the carb. They don't need much fuel pressure, the YF on the '48 only wants about 2 PSI and it has no fuel starvation issues! Rebuilt fuel pumps can put out 10 PSI or more and the float/needle just won't close it off in many cases. A Mr. Gasket 9710 regulator has worked well for many of us. Set it, paint it to match the engine and it's not too obvious.

These carbs aren't that difficult. I got a kit from KW, but the thing is there was zero instructions and no parts view like on most kits I have seen before, so it is important to take pictures of the linkages, etc. You can buy a gallon can of cleaner at the parts store, soak it in there, rinse it out with water and blow out with air, just make sure it is super clean.

Carburetor master rebuild kit Carter WO carb , I was told Napa and KOI have the lots but they cannot locate the kit. Anyone have kits numbers

Carter WO Rebuild - Once you find a kit

Carburetor master rebuild kit Carter WO carb , I was told Napa and KOI have the lots but they cannot locate the kit. Anyone have kits numbers
    KWAS has it ... but just not instantly

How-to's:

http://www.cj-2a.com/documentation/m...W0_service.pdf

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/2...mageId=9567841

And a YouTube video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VwQtjUOAmk

Parts ordered today, Wish me luck on my next adventure. Thank you for the reply

That's how it is now. They had a mess. I would like to post a image. I cannot upload in forum?
    More on posting a photo, what Larry said.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...re-in-a-thread

When I rebuilt mine, I tore it down and put it in the cleaner right after I ordered my kit. When I got it, as I said, there were no instructions or an exploded view like I expected and I had to go on You Tube to make sure how a couple of things went.