Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soon...real soon

Hybrid View

Soon...real soon

Welp, I'm about to start my '50 CJ3a "return to original" stock build. Can't wait but it will need to be without Harbor Freight jack stands. Warning, If you have them don't use them. Huge recall, as in you could be killed. Or worse, if you are only injured and are married.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scoutingranch; 05-20-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    "Options are for girls"

"Or worse, if you are only injured and are married." Yep, you will hear about it for a long time ...

By the way - beautiful work on those wheels!

And, in the middle picture - two shop essentials; Kroil to persuade just about anything and a set of cheaters so you can see what you're doing. Painters glasses help out up under the dash.

I'm in, or married for sure haaa haa! By the way an EMT friend once told me thier most frequent calls were from cars falling on people due to poor support.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the 50' CJ3A. Depending on your serial number, or the inventory on hand at Willys, you could have some 2A and even truck parts in there. It will be interesting what you find. That is a nice one you have there. I can't wait to see it go.

"Depending on your serial number, or the inventory on hand at Willys, you could have some 2A and even truck parts in there."

That ties back to the discussion yesterday; "Willys never threw anything away except records."

I wanted in the worst way to start on the Willys last year but my FJ40 had priority. I just took a deposit on it so in a week, its off to it's new home in Tucson. Side info is, '68 FJ40 built in '67. A factory soft top, bone stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Options are for girls"

I see you have a cooling fan for the pedals. Is that necessary in Arizona? Barefoot driving?

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    I see you have a cooling fan for the pedals. Is that necessary in Arizona? Barefoot driving?
    That was funny. It's a little toasty now that's why I'm hiding over in San Diego.
    "Options are for girls"

Projects get shifted around as priorities come up. I know exactly where you are coming from.

I had a cousin who had a really nice FJ40 from new. It was banana yellow with a white hard top. He was an idiot, and didn't take care of anything, so it is still probable sitting in the last place it ran out of gas, rusted into the ground.

As for the wheels on the Willys. I buy spray paint from these folks. It is not cheap but it is the best can of spray paint I have ever used and the stuff is tough. The spray is wide so feathering is a snap. I'm thinking about doing the paint job with their product, that is just how good the paint is.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/about-us.aspx
    "Options are for girls"

FJ40's are incredible. So well thought out and of course, they, in the beginning copied Willys but went on to be on another level. The inline 6 is as smooth as butter and wonderful low end. Not all parts are available but most. Many parts are still made by Toyota but be prepared to pay as they are not cheap. That is why many have dropped Chebbi engines in them starting in the early sixties.
    I like the inline 6 so I had no intention of changing things out.
    "Options are for girls"