Thread: Jeepster Wing Window

Hybrid View

Jeepster Wing Window

I'm putting together a 48 Willys Jeepster that someone else started. Of course I'm missing some pieces! But my question here is how does the wing/vent window mount to the outer frame. I know it has a lower piece that goes through the channel and bolts to the frame(piece missing!). There is a hole for the top and the outer frame is threaded. I've done other vehicle restorations so this is no problem. I've never done a Jeepster and putting something together that someone else is a pain. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are pictures of the vent/wing window. I have new weatherstripping. I called one place that listed the lower online but they said it's unavailable anymore. I'll start looking for a used one before I make something. Just wanting to know how it all attaches though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We usually have an answer to just about any question - but there are very few people in the group who can talk about unique Jeepster features with any sort of authority.

You could well be in a place to be the Jeepster expert!

Oh, by the way - that is one sharp looking vehicle!

Thanks, I actually found a bag tucked away and it has the upper studs, and 1 broken lower pivot with springs and washers. Just took it for a spin for a few miles. Ran out pretty good so hopefully it won't be long.

Great find alride!

We have very limited information on the Jeepsters, but have been learning new things. LarrBeard put together a presentation a while back on the overdrive system, after a question was posted. So we will hunt down any answer we can find. We look forward to seeing your progress.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...verdrive-relay

Attached is a link of a Jeepster club that may have some information pertaining to Jeepsters. It looks to be a good source of information.

https://www.midstatesjeepster.com/index.html