Thread: Rebuilt carb and now it stopped getting a spark

Threaded View

Rebuilt carb and now it stopped getting a spark

I am beyond livid at this point. The carb was bogging down when accelerator was depressed, I had it cleaned. . I installed the carb and adjusted according to manual. Then it stopped running . Fuel good and pressure , then checked spark no spark. Check ignition coil . It failed and was really hot . My question is today is the coil has two wires one from Key pos, then neg to the dist. The foot switch went bad as well , I installed new one but found a red wire attached to one side of the foot switch ? Can someone advise what is going on here. I still cannot upload photos or I would . I tasted victory for a moment as I drove it down the street. I had a photo of my father in my sons hand. I had to spit the sweet taste as it turned bitter. I have a full rebuild kit arriving Monday. Lastly should the starter button be hot ? I reached in and touched the button to start the motor and it too was hot? I feel that Mickey mouse is still running around and I have some electric issues going on. Since posting I replaced the ignition coil and or green bean fired up. Temp good, but running rich. I leaned it out , all was well. Then died. I hope this all makes sense. I am close to exhausted at this point.

I thank My grandfather WW2-Korean War Vet, My father Vietnam 2 tours and all my brother and sisters I stood beside in the US Army. Army all the way. Thank you for your service. I promised to at least drive and I did. The distance was apparently up for conversation . God Bless our Vets.
    Last edited by Bradhoffmeister; 05-23-2020 at 08:50 PM.