Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ham's '48 - Movin' Right Along

If I understand correctly. You drank oil and spit out gasoline, you use a battery from two centuries ago, and you are waiting on someone to gets Hams 48 hair and nails done. I'd like to respectfully request picutres of #1 and #3.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    The 30W oil I drained out was clean enough I seriously considered keeping it for the lawn mowers, but I drained it into the recycle tub.

It's not like I'm changing it every 3 or 4 months - the pocket book isn't hurt that badly. The counter guy asked me "Why do you need racing oil for an old Jeep?", so I passed along your learning to him. I'm not sure he understood ...
    I think it's a solid fact that changing the oil a lot won't hurt a thing! Today's counter guy's seem to understand very little about how an automobile actually operates. Too much of the older information must be written in cursive.

Drink Oil ....

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    If I understand correctly. You drank oil and spit out gasoline, you use a battery from two centuries ago, and you are waiting on someone to gets Hams 48 hair and nails done. I'd like to respectfully request picutres of #1 and #3.
    I really didn't drink warm engine oil, I just got a mouth full trying to start the siphon. It's not much worse than your mother making you take a dose of mineral oil. Do you remember that nasty stuff? I didn't have to drink gas this time, but just about everyone who has had to siphon gas has gotten a mouthful and that is truly nasty stuff!

And yes my battery chemistry was invented in 1859's by a Frenchman (three centuries) - and I have it in the 1900 package (6-volts).

My grand-daughters call a trip to the body shop to get the paint touch up work done " a trip to the spa for hair and nails".
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes my battery chemistry was invented in 1859

Wow. Should never have questioned that one. Vintage battery! Always learning.