So, there is this lovely guide on cj3a.info about how to test your charging system. I figured I would follow the guide to make sure there were no issues there before I replace the battery. Turns out, according to that site, I have an issue with my wiring in the ammeter circuits. Here is the direct quote from the website. "Different voltage readings at the battery positive terminal and the regulator battery terminal indicates a problem with the vehicle wiring in the ammeter circuits." I have a couple questions about this. First, that's kind of vague and I'm still not very sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Second, I asked my father about it, and he thinks this result could be caused by the battery being low (which it is, and it needs replaced). I guess I'm really just asking what my course of action should be. I could replace the battery and try again, but I don't want to put a new battery in if we still have charging issues. Option 2 is to try and figure out exactly what is wrong before I put the new battery in. Only other info I can think of is that the battery terminal on the voltage regulator looked much more rusted than the other 2. Any thoughts? All help is appreciated.