Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ham's '48 -Once upon a Time ...

Farm trucks are a whole different story. My grandfather's cousin had a '39 kb series International corn sheller. The mice eat all of the seat, then the frame rusted away. A five gallon bucket was cut down and a boat seat was mounted. The brakes consisted of the transmission and parking brake. The Orville Redenbacker corporation now owns the truck, but do not know if it was ever restored.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 06-23-2020 at 11:14 PM.

I had an S-10 the years they had the plastic gear on the clutch pedal. So it chipped and me not repairing it lost more teeth. Thing of it was, it would self repair, I swear it. See, the pedal would grab the one remaining tooth and clutch just fine. Well, yeah. About every third try. The other times seemed inconsequential until later. So I shifted around that way, lurching along or smooth shifting, but getting through the gears. Finally I end up at the trusty mechanic who yells at me for a half hour about the worst worn clutch plate he's ever seen. I mean ever. I know this because my pal gave me a ride to pick it up and I never did hear the end of the colorful quotes aimed at me because everyone thought it was pretty funny as it got retold, and they all had ridden with me while the clutch pedal wasn't working that well, so I couldn't really deny it either.