Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    I'll check that out. Also I used some of that flex tubing that you put around wires all the way from the gauge to the sender, but I will check for a possible short.
    The flex tubing is a good idea. the tubing protects from pinches and too tight turns around sharp corners. It sounds like you've done all the right things.

I rewired everything from scratch and put the protection tubing around everything. I found a kit in a bag at Atwoods that had all different sizes of that stuff.

Yeah. That's great. Just dandy. I'm. So... Does the thing happen to work? Lol

I think they are sending me a new gauge.

KW sent me some new gauges. Got time to put them in today and great news! The fuel gauge is working right! I am not using the temp gauge but put the new one in anyway just for the heck of it. The funny thing is when you looked at both gauges, nothing looked visibly different. My reputation was also at stake here because I was convinced the gauge was the problem and I was sure glad when that pin went up about 3/4 way and stopped.

Glad it's working. Oh yeah, you were right. All along. But I'm still convinced it was a mechanical problem! lol

It is a big relief when your repair actually works! But it's the fact you knew you had it all along, right?

Of course.