I am presently heading into my 69th year, when I was 10 years old My Grandfather passed away leaving me his 1948 Willys CJ2-A, I learned to drive with that jeep and at one time was the only one that knew all the little items one must know to keep it running. As time went on priorities changed, Military life, marriage, kids and all the things that come along with a growing family the old CJ sort of got put away but not forgotten. Now at this point in my life I am getting caught up with the priorities and happened to open up the shed door where the old girl presides and upon looking at her in her present state and with the memories flooding back to the days when me and the old girl were as one. It is time that she was resurrected. Approximately 20 years ago I restored the power train, the brakes are dried out and leaking again, since it was my plan to pass her down to my son I think it is time that we both did the job while I am still around to teach him what I know and remember about all the intricacies, of the vintage machine, so that some day he will pass it on to his son. I stumbled onto this site while looking for parts and think I hit the goldmine, so me and the boy can accomplish this task. Looking forward to working with other members on this site to share the knowledge I have and learn about the things I don't know and may need some advice on.

Ken