Thread: Car cover to suit WW2 Wlly's Jeep?

Car cover to suit MB/CJ-3A Wlly's Jeep?

My first question on here - I've rebuilt a Filipino conversion (Toyota running parts) Willys (looks like a postwar jeep (MB/C(D?)J-3A) as they were super popular here after the war but most, like mine, are on a locally built chassis so no idea if this is an original shell and what make if it is - just spent over an hour on this site looking at differetn photos of members cars to figure out the possible model type) and am looking for a car cover to suit as it rains a lot here and of course it's not the best car for keeping the rain out.

Any suggestions where I might get a waterproof cover to put over the car to keep the rain and dust off?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FilipinoWillys; 07-11-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Update:

I ordered a Suzuki Vitara/Jimmie car cover from China, it fits farily well, looks good and has a soft covering on the inside. Unfortunately though advertised as waterproof it is water resistant, meaning after a rain storm you have the equivalent of a wet sleeping bag. Hardly something you can pack up and drive to the next destination with.

I've looked on Amazon and local online resellers and cannot find anything specific like that, just hte generic "fits cars up to xxx cm" which I owed before and are generally far too long for a small Jeep.

Because this car is my daily driver and I'm planning on touring the country with it I need something better than a wet sleeping bag.

A quick Mrs. Google search came up with a hit:

Car covers. com

I didn't spec it out, but the overall description looked good, and is custom fit to a CJ/M series.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    A quick Mrs. Google search came up with a hit:

Car covers. com

I didn't spec it out, but the overall description looked good, and is custom fit to a CJ/M series.
    Cheers, for some reason that website did not come up for me searching from here. Looks perfect, lifetime warranty says it all. Only issue is the $100 postage to The Philippines which will also attract a 30% tax so looking at $400 for the car cover - guess I'll be waiting for a friend from the US to come visit.

Thankyou again - the Chinese one I got seems to be a copy of this, a cheap ineffective copy with a difficult return policy.

I have this one for my CJ3A. It fits like a glove. $89. It would not work with a top on however. It is contoured to fit with the windshield up. It slopes back from the there.

Bronze Shield 2L - Car Cover for Jeep Willys 1950 SUV 2-Door

https://www.carcover.com/jeep/willys...uv-2-door.html
    Last edited by bmorgil; 01-02-2021 at 07:20 AM. Reason: ad link

Happen to have a company link for the cover you mentioned?

Not sure what happened to that link. This is their indoor cover. They make a few with varying protection levels.

https://www.carcover.com/jeep/willys...uv-2-door.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 01-02-2021 at 09:13 AM.