Thread: New to forum. 57 willy pickup

New to forum. 57 willy pickup

I'm looking for a grey colored choke cable knob. my cable is seized up, and i can not remove the grey knob off the cable. all i have found are black and white knobs. anyone know where i can get a new cable with a grey colored knob.

Hello! I don't have one, but I'm sure one of our helpful folks here in the forum would be able to provide one. Welcome aboard!

Welcome Slick Willy!

A quick Mrs. Google search came up with the following;

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/car...-48-choke-knob

You will have to order the cable then swap the knob. That would probably be the cheapest route to take.

The problem i'm having is the knob will not come off. I took it to our local speed shop, he said the knobs were molded to the cables back in 57. i do not want to destroy the knob trying to get it off. any ideas on how to remove this old knob?

If your existing is good, paint the knob to match.

"If your existing is good, paint the knob to match."
    Hmm, that could work too. An uncanny way of solving it, if you ask me.

It comes from generations of Scottish heritage, and a dash of OCD. I would be too cheap to purchase the knob or the entire choke cable if not unserviceable.

Although I did just received a new choke cable in the mail yesterday. The threads were stripped out on the original, and was originally on a lawn mower. Now both my new headlight switch and choke knobs match. Small price to pay for sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    It comes from generations of Scottish heritage, and a dash of OCD. I would be too cheap to purchase the knob or the entire choke cable if not unserviceable.

Although I did just received a new choke cable in the mail yesterday. The threads were stripped out on the original, and was originally on a lawn mower. Now both my new headlight switch and choke knobs match. Small price to pay for sanity.
    I had to laugh. On Saturday mornings I ingest several quarts of espresso with my buddy from Glasgow.
    His go to joke is "how Scots make copper wire...two Scots fighting over a penny"
    "Options are for girls"

Quote Originally Posted by scoutingranch View Post
    I had to laugh. On Saturday mornings I ingest several quarts of espresso with my buddy from Glasgow.
    His go to joke is "how Scots make copper wire...two Scots fighting over a penny"
    Haahaaha, You could slip in a few nationalities into that stereotype! Mine for sure.

"how Scots make copper wire...two Scots fighting over a penny"
    Damn! I almost spit my coffee out. That's just hilarious.