Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topping off Trans/Transfer Case fluids, but don't know what's already in there?

Bmorgil has great advice. The clutch adjustment should do the trick to get the transmission back under control.

Ok, so I did your 4 second test above. If I hold it in 4 seconds, it doesn’t grind at all. I thought I was babying it before, but I guess I just need to slow things down another couple seconds.

Easy on the old girl! You are far better off with the correct lube and waiting a few seconds that's for sure.

Do you use Red Line in your diffs as well?

I am a fan of Mobil 1 Synthetic https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/...be-ls-75w-140/ It has a nice range and has a good heavy high end at 140w in case things get hot. In testing in the lab, there was a reduction in operating temperature in Hypoid gear driven axles when we used the Mobil Synthetics. That said I would not hesitate to use Red line. It is difficult to move away from something you trust however. I have not had the opportunity to see how Red Line axle lubes perform. I have seen it in the winners circle!

The little 134 engines produce so little power compared to the axles capability. It really doesn't take much to keep the Dana Axles cool. 80w is all you need.

Thank you!

Anytime dalero!